So, let me start by saying. The photo above is not my workspace. My office has never looked that clean, other than when I first moved in.
Instead, this is in fact a stock photo I grabbed, because I’m not a great photographer. Which, in addition to 8,000 other things, was keeping me from this blog.
Some of the reasons I haven’t posted:
- Making banana bread four times in a row to perfect a recipe was not good for my summer bod.
- I write a ton for work and was tired of creating content.
- Missalaneyus, which was always supposed to be about a lot of different things, was transforming into a food blog.
- We were eating healthier, and I was making a lot of the same meals.
- I put a lot of pressure on myself to constantly improve this space, so it became a source of stress.
- During Ellie’s non-existent naps, I wanted to read, watch T.V. or generally lay around instead of slog away at my computer.
- Comparing my content, photos, following – to everyone else’s – was stealing my smile to quote Scheana of Vanderpump Rules fame.
- The more I learned about how blogs and social worked – the more I worried.
- I was tired.
Basically, it stopped being fun.
Can you see why I took a year and a half break?
But, during this time, I would try a new beauty product, make some killer deviled eggs or go on a trip and then, want to share it with you.
So, I’m back. ish.
I’ll be posting here and there. My plan is to stick to shorter posts and pull photos from other sources when I can, because taking photos for blogs makes me crazy. And, we’ll see how it goes.
Because content will be intermittent and I’m sure you’re dying to hear about my latest tweak on making chicken in the slow cooker, I’d recommend you sign up for Bloglovin and follow me (along with any other bloggers you like). Then, from an app on your phone, you can view blogs you subscribe too. This is great for waiting in lines, sitting in car line or to supplement an episode of Mickey Mouse Club House (Minnie is such an idiot on that show.).