I spent the last weekend celebrating a good friend’s upcoming nuptials in Chicago. There were beverages, little black dresses and one notorious boa.
There also happened to be a lot of advice floating around. And, can I tell you? I have some pretty smart friends.
Here are some of my favorite tips from the weekend.
- Use Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Shampoo as eye-makeup remover. It’s gentle on our skin and requires less scrubbing (i.e. fewer crow’s-feet).
- For a day on the go, pack a little baggie with sliced peaches and a plastic fork for a healthy snack.
- Use dry shampoo on day two to add volume and mask oil. (I had no idea how to use it. Here’s what they told me: Spray it directly onto your roots, up under your hairline. Then work it in by rubbing your scalp pretty vigorously with your fingertips. It will give you some volume on day two. I was told TRESemme makes a good drugstore option.)
- Subscribe to Birch Box. This company sends make-up samples to your door for $10 a month, which I’m told provides a lovely surprise and perfect travel size products.
- Shoe Dazzle’s jewelry isn’t made well. However, Forever 21 is a great go-to for trendy pieces.
- Plunging hard-boiled eggs into an ice bath after cooking makes it easier to remove the shell. (These also make a great on-the-go snack.)
- Read The Hunger Games.
- Combine anti-frizz serum with mousse in the palm of your hand and then, work both of them into your hair together.
Do you want to know the tip I had?
I taught some of the girls how to fist pump.