The official start of summer is in a few days, but let’s face it. Summer has been here for a few weeks already, so it’s time to get my annual wishlist in order. Don’t you think?
Here’s what I’m looking forward to this season:
1. Tomatoes. Lots of home-grown juicy tomatoes, stacked with mozzarella or sandwiched with basil mayo and bacon – I can’t wait to eat them.
2. Finding another swimsuit. I have my eye on a few.
3. A girls’ trip to Sedona – if you’ve been, I’d love to hear your recommendations.
4. Our first family trip with Ellie – We’re keeping it small and simple, but I can’t wait.
5. Popsicles – I have molds at home and am looking forward to making some of my own with Bellie.
6. Hosting some friends for a low-key BBQ
7. Reading lots of books on my back patio.
8. Taking walks around our new neighborhood.
9. Eating ice cream (lots of it).
10. Wearing as many sundresses as I can get my hands on. (This one will be on repeat.)
12. Exploring Kansas City.
13. Taking Ellie berry picking again. (She loved it last year.)
15. Visiting the zoo.
What do you have planned for the summer?
Hello, hello. Things have been crazy around here. As you may know, I started my own marketing consulting business in 2012. I work with small, business-to-business companies who are based in Kansas City. Since I began, my work has changed a lot – how I get new business, the types of projects I take, etc….
Happy (Belated) New Year! How’s yours going? Ours started off nice and leisurely, but this week, we’re back to the grind with Ellie in school and Keegan and I both at work full-time. So, all that to stay, this is the first week I’m really focusing on resolutions, goals and intentions for the year. Every…
This year, we took Ellie apple picking. It is one of my favorite activities to do as a family. We can’t make it every year, but when we do, it’s always delightful. In late September, I went with Keegan on a work trip to Santa Barbara. It was my first time there, and I fell…
Over the last few years, I’ve slowly come to the realization that fall is a lie. Instead of holing up inside, covered in cozy blankets with cups of cider, I am, instead, flinging myself across Kansas City at a break neck pace. Sure, the activities are fun, but it’s never what I imagine or expect…
This summer, we’ve been exploring Kansas City like crazy. After months of Saturdays dedicated to dance practice, naps and errands, it’s been fun to revisit favorite adventures. One of the places Ellie most enjoys going is Sea Life Aquarium. It’s small in size, which makes it perfect for little kids with short attention spans. Also,…
Hi! I'm Lane. I’m the wife to an engineer, the mama to Ellie and a small business owner. I love trashy T.V., good books, a little pampering and great meals.