I know that for many the idea of New Year’s resolutions is defeating. And trust me, I get it. I have reached for a doughnut just days after resolving to eat healthy too. That being said, I love this time of year.
It is so hopeful.
Last week, I took some much needed time off and stopped to reflect. I thought about:
- How I’d been feeling.
- What I’d like to do next.
I came up with one big idea. I need to keep it simple. Which will be hard.
I am the queen of adding more and more to my to do list. Efficient by nature, I can multi-task like a boss, but often, I get a little overzealous and end up exhausted and grumpy. (I’ve been doing this since at least 6th grade. That was the first time I remember my parents making me quit some of my activities, because I had overloaded myself. The struggle is real.)
To remind myself of my new focus, I’ll be saying “Keep It Simple, Sweetheart” to myself, which is cheesy, but more importantly, memorable and nice.
Aside from this, I also set a few goals.
- Eat well and workout. (I’d started adding workouts back into my schedule again a few months ago and intend to keep it up. I’ve also added eating well into the mix, because you know, nutrition is important.)
- On this blog, I want to pass more simple ideas your way. I know you’re busy and overworked too. I plan to share more quick recipes and wardrobe formulas, along with a quick gossip round-up each month, because knowing what Beyonce is up to makes the world more fun. I will also be working on upping my photography game, because it gives me fits.
- For work, I’m launching a new package called Align and would like to sell five of those. I also want to start marketing my own company, because it’s important, and I need to start making time for it.
- Last, but not least, I’m trying to scroll less. I started this on January 1st and so far, I’m really enjoying it. I’m reading more, which I prefer and don’t end up with a social media hangover at the end of the day. Also, I’m planning to date my husband. (I think he’s pretty excited about this one.) We go to lots of group events together, but I’d like to spend more time hanging out with just him, because he’s pretty awesome.
Now that I’ve shared this long list with you, I’d love to know if you set goals/intentions for the New Year. If so, what do you have planned? Can we keep each other accountable? Leave me note with what you’re working on, and I’ll send lots of good vibes your way.