In my 20’s, meals could take hours to make, because there wasn’t a small person who lived with me that cared how quickly she was fed. But now, there is. She also comes with 1,000 activities, which means we need meals to happen quickly. So today, I’m spilling secrets on how I make dinner happen fast. Below, I have put together a roadmap for building 15 minute meals. Yes, you read that right.
Everything shown here takes 15 minutes or less to make. That’s faster than takeout.
You’ll see I’ve divided the food into three sections. There are a few things worth noting.
- Some of the vegetables listed are technically fruits. I grew up in the 80’s and refuse to adopt new classifications. So, here we are.
- You don’t have to pull one from each column. Feel free to take two from one and only one from another. You are the captain of your own ship.
- I have a several fish ideas on here. Ellie won’t eat it, but Keegan and I like it, because it’s tasty, healthy and quick. Sometimes, I make her try a bite. Sometimes, she gets a peanut butter sandwich or a little lunch meat. You do you.
Some of my favorite 15 minute meals are:
- Scrambled eggs, avocado and cherry tomatoes
- Fish, corn and avocado
- Chicken thighs, nectarines and green beans
- Chicken thighs, bell peppers and mushrooms
- Scrambled eggs, avocado and black beans (add salsa and cheese to make bowls)
- Sweet potatoes with black beans and avocado (top with salsa and cheese)
What are some of your favorite quick meals?