In my college years, I owned a pair of snakeskin print, strappy sandals from Wal-Mart that I wore with everything. In fact, you may have seen me huddled outside a club, waiting for one-in-one-out to go my way with my bare toes near snow. I’m much more sensible now, but I still love snakeskin. It’s having a moment, which means it’s the perfect opportunity to snatch up some timeless (and trendy) items.
While snakeskin may seem the opposite of classic, picking up accessories in a neutral print is always a good idea. I’ve owned a pair of snakeskin slingbacks for years and reach for them whenever the weather permits, because I’m no longer a complete monster. The same goes for an inexpensive envelope clutch that somehow goes with everything. On the other hand, I have a trendy python print t-shirt that makes soccer mom-ing feel cooler. Kind of.
Because I’m a horrible influence, I’ve rounded up eight snakeskin print options. Some are trendier than others. All are very cute.
- Sundry, $130 – This would look just as great with sneakers, as it would with heels. While these colors would completely wash me out, I’m guessing my brunette friends would look amazing in this.
- Sam Edelman, $180 – Buy these stat.
- All Saints, $118 – This is exactly the kind of handbag you’ll carry for years on dates, to concerts and for a night out on the town.
- Anine Bing, $299 – This blouse is pricey, but makes such a gorgeous statement. It’s shown with jeans, but would look so chic at your corporate holiday party with a pair of cigarette pants and a glam statement earring.
- 1.State, $99 – While these longer accordion pleated skirts don’t look great on my shape, I’m obsessed with them.
- Pam and Gela, $95 – This tee is selling out fast and for good reason. If you can’t find your size, google Pam and Gela snake tee, and you’ll see a few more retailers.
- BB Dakota, $98 – I mean – how sophisticated would you look in this???
- Calvin Klein, $119.95, green snake print – These are exactly the kind of shoes that you’ll wear for years. A total classic, they work as well at the office, as they do out with friends.