I’ve always loved a statement earring. As a third grader, I spent every dollar I had at Claire’s on everything from bangle bracelets to fish-shaped barrettes. That love for bold jewelry translated to earrings so large my ears hurt at the end of a night out in college. Then, we all made the switch to dainty jewels. It felt so fresh and new at the time that I bought a ton. But, statement earrings became really hard to find.
And, while I have developed an appreciation for delicate pieces, I couldn’t be happier to see statement earrings back on the market. I love how they can instantly dress up a look. Basics, like jeans, a button-down top and flats, are suddenly ready for a night out when a pair of statement earrings are added. In a pinch, they can distract from dirty hair and make your bun seem intentional, instead of a last resort.
So, here you’ll find eight great statement earrings that will dress up any outfit – even joggers.
- Jewel Encrusted Showstoppers, Shopbop, $98 (I originally wanted to include this pair, but they are sold-out everywhere. If I were you, I’d keep these on your radar – $40.)
- Emerald Teardrops, Shopbop, $125
- Drop Earrings, Baublebar, $48
- Pearl Hoops, Revolve, $55 (This version by 8 Other Reasons is on back-order. But, if you can wait, they’re very similar and $36.)
- Celestial Drops, Revolve, $58
- Rectangle Earrings, Shopbop, $48
- Ear Crawlers, BaubleBar, $34
- Stars, J. Crew, $39.50